Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Villainous Post.

OMIGOD, it’s here. May, the Holy month of Semester Exams, has arrived. This month, I bet, is named as ‘May’ because students are always discombobulated and agitated by chanting ‘I may pass, I may fail’.
According to my sources, impeccable as always, a survey conducted in India reported that the word, ‘May’, was taken exactly 18,743,902 billion times (Goats were not included in this survey). Had they been included, this figure would have crossed the amount of money our Honourable C.M Miss Mayawati has.
And leave that, have you guys heard songs of Ravan. Yo! In the name of Ravan, this time Rahman has stolen our hearts. He is the man.
Anyway, that was on a funny note.
Let me jump to today’s topic. While reading yesterday’s Newspaper, my eyes were stuck on a heading, ‘Dada Saheb Phalke award to the veteran actor Pran’. Pran was one of the best villains our Industry ever had. This compelled me to ponder and later, I triggered a debate, are we really losing our stereotype villains. By this I would like you all to conceive some scenes of ‘Koyla’, where you were get really annoyed by the atrocities of Amrish Puri. Not only ‘Koyla’, any film in which he played a grey shade character, you will feel like beating him black and blue, if you ever encountered him, anywhere. This is what the charisma of a villain is, rather was. The feeling of ill will arousing active hostility is what is needed to come if you see a villain of Hindi cinema. No doubt, Pran was really a reprobate on screen. And so were others. Sometimes, I have this strange feeling that as we have steeped in this new era of filmmaking, where we have started making high budget action movies, sci-fi, romantic, comedy, any genre, that personnel magnetism of a villain has been lost. Now, we don’t have Gabbar Singh, but we do have Mr.A. Characters like Mugaambo, Dr.Dan and so are in imminent danger of extinction.
I want to see that era back where villains were beaten to the pulp by the hero, where a satyr villain use to rape the sister of hero and then hero retaliates by killing him. No matter how develop we may become, these things always remind us of the movies which we used to watch while growing up.
And after all this villain talks, non sense I’d rather say, my roommate has promised me to cast me as one of a stereotype villain, if he ever made a movie *Sigh*.
So, again time for signing out. You are always welcome to comment and be my follower. Mugaambo khush hoga.
Please overlook my mistakes as no one is infallible. 
Love.

2 comments:

Prateek Sur said...

u say u dont believe in stealing credits, then wat is this??this was my idea..i told u and also told ya that i'll surely cast u as the villain..Foot lickers..neways this idea is something that i hav been pondering over for a hell lotta time thats y i luved the post..and abt the month of may, i can only say "ab bas bhaggu hi hamein bacha sakta hai!!"

Vinayak Seth said...

@Prateek, Yes I don't steal credits. The above topic was debated and hence we had equal share. Although I also mentioned that you will cast me as villain, didn't I? And it seems you were desperate to retaliate my piece of mouth "Foot LIcker". Bastardness at its best...:D